I regularly make truffles - not always this kind - but I just finished these last night. Delish!
Edited to add: In my haste to get back to my Ciabatta bread, I neglected to put the recipe for the truffles on here.
3.5 oz of good bittersweet chocolate
3.5 oz of good semi-sweet chocolate (don't use chips - they have stabilizers in them which will ruin the whole thing.)
1/2 cup of heavy cream
1 1/2 tbs of Frangelico or other Hazelnut Liquor
1/2 tsp of good vanilla extract
Put your chocolate in a heat-resistant mixing bowl.
Put your heavy cream on the stove in a small sauce pot, and heat to just at a boil (don't let it boil for more than a second... yuck!)
As soon as your cream hits the boil, remove immediately, and strain over your chocolate bits. Stir until smooth. Add your liquor and vanilla, stir until smooth.
Cover and let it set in the fridge overnight.
~~~~~~~~~~
The next day (or whenever you get around to it) chop 1 cup of hazelnuts and set them in a bowl. I used my mini-cuisinart.
Using a cookie scoop, scoop your chocolate mixture, roll in your hands to achieve a round-ish form, and then immediately roll in your hazelnuts. Set on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper, and return to fridge to firm up, or until you eat them.
Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment