I love Ben's. Ben's is a traditional kosher deli in NY, and is now in its 40th year. Everything they make there is amazing! I'll usually get one of their traditional deli sandwiches, or their two "Specials" grilled. Their matzoh balls are large enough to have eaten Manhattan. Your mouth sings a happy song at Ben's!
When you are first seated, they place a basket of challah and rye bread on the table, as well as a bowl of their famous pickles. And OH MY GOODNESS. Their pickles are amazing. My favorite are the garlic sour pickles, which are so hard to find anywhere out of the tri-state area. (Incidentally, at my local whole foods (not to be confused with Whole Foods) market they do sell "Bubbies" which are a good substitute.
I remember that, when I was little, whenever my mom and Gram wanted to go to Filene's Basement, we would go to the Ben's in Carle Place. Then as I got older, we discovered that there was a Ben's in Bayside. I think that almost every time I came home from college at Thanksgiving, the whole family would go there for dinner my first night back. Lots of happy memories, and lots of fantastic food!
As a side note, there was a Chinese Restaurant next door that we used to go to sometimes. As fast as you could drink even *part* of your water, the bus boy would come and re-fill your water. My brother and I would make a game out of who could get them to race back to the table with the water pitcher faster. Ha! Very funny, at least to us.
No comments:
Post a Comment